Gather Social Nottingham - Social Media and Content Executive
Based in Nottingham, UK, Gather Social is a hybrid social media marketing agency, with a team of young creative staff and a bespoke social platform. Founded seven years ago, MD Samuel Evans aimed to disrupt the marketing industry by putting social media at the forefront of everything we do.
We’re currently looking for a passionate and social-obsessed creative to join the content team at Gather Social. This role would be perfect for someone with experience in creating content for all major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tiktok and beyond.) If you consider yourself a hard-working individual, who takes initiative and demonstrates a love for social media, then we want you!
You’ll have the pleasure of joining an ambitious and fast-paced team of social media experts and will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients on a daily basis. At Gather Social, every working day is different and from day one you’ll be given the responsibility to work on numerous client accounts. Our customers range from, billion-pound nationwide businesses to local restaurants and everything in between.
As a Social Media and Content Executive, you’ll have demonstrable knowledge of all things social. You’ll be creative, reactive, curious and inquisitive with a thirst to learn more. You’ll have experience providing great customer service and above all work well in a team. As an avid user of social media, you’ll also need some experience in Websites, SEO, Design, Copywriting, Photography and Video.
💻🎥📱What you'll be doing:
- Content Ideation: Handling inbound content requests and coming up with creative ideas for client social media campaigns, digital strategies, website builds, and more.
- Content Creation: Producing creative assets, including graphics, illustrations, and videos for delivery across a variety of mediums and formats, including all the major social media platforms.
- Creative Shoots: Assisting the current creative team on client shoots, either in-house or on location, taking imagery and video content that is then formatted and distributed across all social media.
- Social Media Management: Managing clients' social accounts, including posting daily stories and engaging with audiences.
- Being an Expert: Staying on top of social media content trends and injecting your research into your content.
- Copywriting: Aligning with the creative team on social-first copy and blogs that speak to different audiences but elevate the clients ‘Tone of Voice’.
- Editing: Confidently using the adobe editing suite to enhance imagery in Lightroom, produce marketing assets in Photoshop and edit video content in Premiere Pro.
- Client Communication: Liaising with clients and external visitors comfortably, representing the business in a professional manner.
- Website Management: Maintaining, updating and building website concepts for clients using Wix, WordPress and Joomla.
👀 Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with 1 year of experience working with social media. This can be anything from a temporary internship, placement year, freelance work or agency role (agency desirable but not essential). However, graduates with the listed skills are more than welcome to apply! A Creative, Marketing or Business related degree is preferred.
- Someone who shows a demonstrable passion, curiosity and experience in making creative content on social media platforms.
- An efficient and confident communicator who can articulate their ideas clearly and explain the ‘why’ behind their creative decisions.
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects etc.) Mobile creator apps and in-app editing (Canva, Instagram story creation, TikTok editing etc) - Feel free to send us some examples!
- Someone with drive and ambition! You'll need a particular attitude to work in this industry. A growth mindset will help when having to constantly adapt to the ever-changing world of social media.
- Someone who is naturally curious about the developments of the digital world and excited by its potential for brands and their marketing.
- Experience in photography, video production and editing.
- Experience building simple websites such as Wix or WordPress.
Why join Gather Social?
- Competitive Salary (£22,000 - £24,000 PA based on experience) with opportunities for fast progression within the business
- Dog-friendly modern city centre office
- 20 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Generous Christmas holiday period and Birthdays off for FREE
- Training opportunities (CIM accredited course in partnership with NTU, Marketing Events, Facebook Advertising training)
- Hybrid role - we encourage working from both home and the office (the current team spend approximately 3 days a week in the office, and 2 days at home)
- Flexible Working - upon completion of probation we have a completely open and modern approach to flexible/work from anywhere policy
- Regular social evenings and team activities
- Work Apple Macbook and iPhone provided
Our offices are based in Nottingham City Centre, with adequate public transport links and nearby parking facilities.
This is a permanent role subject to 3 months probationary period and the role is an immediate start.
How to apply?
- Send us your creative CV and personal cover letter
- Head to our website and create at least 3 social media posts to promote Gather Social. You should create these from scratch to show off your creative ability - check out our own socials for inspiration. Please write 3 captions to accompany the imagery. Be as brave as you want to!
- Film and edit a 60-second video about why you should get the job. Show off your personality, we want to get to know you! You can be as creative as you like with this.
- Send us some examples of previous work or your portfolio.
You can present your application in any way that you wish, via a website, PDF, Powerpoint or whatever else works for you! If you are successful at the interview, you’ll be invited to a paid trial day (date TBC), where you can meet our amazing team and see if we are the right fit for you.
Everyone is welcome to apply! We endeavour to celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Gather Social! As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive, diverse and representative team. We look forward to and welcome all applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status.
Closing date: Monday 30th May 2022, 10am
Proposed Interview Date: Wednesday 1st June 2022
We can’t wait to hear from you! Good luck.