Everyone needs a daily dose of inspiration to succeed at work, especially creative professionals. The world wide web has billions of websites just waiting to be discovered and the internet is a great place to start your day off right.
Whether you're a content creator, an artist, designer, illustrator, photographer or videographer, the following list of ten recommended websites will help. Don’t forget to add them to your bookmarks, so that whenever you suffer from a creative block you’ll easily be able to browse through them for inspiration!
1. WePresent - Have you ever noticed all those amazing images whenever you download files via WeTransfer? Well, WePresent celebrates and showcases the stories behind the wallpapers. Meet the inspiring artists, designers, illustrators, photographers and other creatives from around the world featured on WeTransfer.com.
2. My Modern Met - My Modern Met is a daily feast of creative inspiration. Formed in 2008, their mission is to promote a positive culture by spotlighting the best sides of humanity. Today, they receive over 10 million site visitors each month, looking for articles on art, design, photography, architecture, science, technology, environmental issues, and more.
3. Colossal - Launched in 2010 by writer and curator Christopher Jobson, Colossal has been nicknamed the “Tate Modern of the Internet.” It’s an international platform for contemporary art and visual expression that explores a vast range of creative disciplines. With an archive of over 6,700 articles, there is so much to read and you’re sure to be inspired!
4. It's Nice That - It’s Nice That has been championing creativity since 2007. They are one of the leading platforms for the creative industries and has a particular specialism in graphic design and advertising.
5. DesignBoom - Founded in 1999, DesignBoom was the world’s first online magazine worldwide! They have gained a global reach of 3.5 million readers and 450,000 newsletter subscribers. They aim to bring together professional and young creatives from a diverse range of backgrounds by publishing the latest news and key issues in the fields of architecture, design, technology and art.
6. Creative Review - These guys have been bringing the creative community together since 1980, first as a print magazine and now online and social media. Creative Review delivers the sharpest opinion, analysis and advice on life in the creative industries.
7. Made by Folk - At Made by Folk, you'll find the individual stories behind the work! Previously two separate companies, Made by Folk was formed in 2018 by Glenn Garriock and Daniel Freytag, producing a platform where they can present the world’s best creative talents and share their stories with you.
8. The Design Inspiration - This is a great resource of daily inspiration for web design, logo design, print, illustrations and photography.
9. Abduzeedo - Also known as ABDZ, the short version of the weird name of the blog which means abducted in Portuguese, this site has seen the evolution of the design community for a decade. They’re a collective of individual writers sharing articles about design, photography, and UX.
10. IgNant - Last but not least, Ignant is an online magazine and production company based in Berlin featuring articles about art, design, photography, fashion and architecture.
We hope this blog was inspiring and you’ve found some useful websites that can help prevent creative block! If you’re looking for another creative blog then head to our website today or click here to read more.