We are excited to be hiring Social Media Content Creators for an immediate start! Read on to find out the details and how you can apply:
A customer recently described Gather Social as, “A team of legends. Natural born disruptors, social media superheroes. Groundbreaking innovators. Daydreamers, movers, shakers and party makers”.
We are rapidly growing and need content creators to service our portfolio of diverse clients. Our outlook on communications, culture and personal development has been recognised by leading business figures as setting a benchmark for future generations.
We have recently just signed a partnership program agreement with one of the World’s leading software providers in the social media space, providing the business with a unique opportunity to fulfil its dream and potential, of creating careers for hardworking focused and creative people.
If you love social media, have a creative mindset, lots of ideas and like making all sorts of content, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. You will be curious and inquisitive with a thirst to learn. You will want to be stimulated on a daily basis and desire for responsibility straight from day one. We are a close team (more like a family) therefore, it’s essential that you are a team player and take direction quickly, whilst also being willing to take creative decisions backed by data.
The role on offer is very flexible and diverse and will see you working on a range of content types. We are also in the final stages of completing our production studio, where we already have bookings each week for filming and photoshoots. We are ideally looking for individuals who can film, edit, take photos, and also have the ability to write blogs, and create graphics using Canva, photoshop, or the equivalent.
A list of some of the things your role would include are listed below:
- Creative writing for all social media channels
- Blog writing
- Handling inbound content requests
- Creating graphics and infographics
- Creating PDFs and presentations
- Uploading content to various platforms like WordPress
- Basic SEO
- Social Media and Community management
- Designing and building websites
When we say the job role is varied, we weren’t lying. This career will be fast-paced and ever-changing. This role isn’t for the faint-hearted but it is for someone who loves being challenged on a daily basis. If you want to make an impact then this role is for you. We don’t have an external hiring policy for senior staff, therefore there is fast progression available for the right candidates.
We are small but we are rapidly expanding, with particular emphasis on the East Midlands. We are pushing the boundaries of what our clients expect from a marketing agency. We were born disruptive and we are disrupting our marketplace. We are building a business based on fairness, equality anda passion for excellence. We believe in supporting you to be the very best. We aren’t expecting you to be the finished article on day one. The Managing Director and management team will provide you with hands-on training from day one. You will be supported through training courses and education where necessary.
- We are looking for recently graduated individuals, with some experience in Social Media or Marketing preferred
- Agency experience also beneficial but not necessary
- Our workday is 9.00 -5.30 give or take
- Flexible working and work from home is available, however, you will be needed in the office 2/3 days a week
- Our office is located in Nottingham
- Permanent contract subject to passing 3-month probation
- 20 days holiday
- 8 bank holidays and Christmas leave (2020 – 9 Business Days)
Oh and salary is £18k
Due to Covid-19, we have adapted our hiring process to help you showcase your creative ability from the very beginning of the process. To apply for this role, please complete the following tasks and send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a creative version of your CV and cover letter
- Write a blog on a topic of your choice
- Head to our website and create at least 3 social media posts to promote Gather Social. You should create these from scratch to show off your creative ability. Be as brave as you want to!
- Film and edit a 60-second video about why you should get the job. You can be as creative as you like with this!
- Send us some examples of previous work or your portfolio (if you don’t have this, don’t worry – just let us know)
You can present these in any way that you wish! You can send them on your website, PDF, Powerpoint or whatever else works for you!
The applications will close on 11th October at 5 pm. Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th October so please ensure that you are available to attend this date.